If you have come to know about Pawanmuktasana, like what is the meaning of this asana, how is this asana done and most importantly what will be the benefits of Pawanmuktasana to our body and what precautions to keep in mind while doing this asana.
We will tell almost all the things related to Pawanmuktasana in this article and we will also answer some questions related to Pawanmuktasna.
In This Article
What is the meaning of Pawanmuktasana?
Pawan means air, Mukta means exhalation This asana works in our body just as its name, this practice balances the contaminated air accumulated in the stomach or the increased air in other parts of the body.
How to do Pawanmuktasana?
First we will tell you in depth how you can do this asana, after that we will discuss the benefits of Pawanmuktasana.
- For the practice of Pawanmuktasana, you will lie down in ‘Shavasana’ on the ground.
- While our legs should be aligned in a straight line while doing this asana, our elbows should be straight and our knees should be equally connected.
- Will bend your right knee, take the right knee near the chest, will hold it close to the thoracic arm with your finger stuck in your hands.
- We will hold our leg from above and pull the knee completely towards your chest, keeping the toes of both feet stretched, and keep the knee of the other leg straight.
- To get the full Benefits of Pawanmuktasana we have to hold our feet below our knees, so that the pressure can be properly formed.
- Will take long breath, breath out, stomach in, head upwards, then we will touch our nose with knee, second knee should remain absolutely straight, as long as we stay in this posture, the speed of breath will continue normally, leaving the breath out, place the head on the ground and straighten the feet.
- Now we will do the same with our other leg, then we will bend our left knee and try to pull the knee near the chest near the place of our thoracic area.
- During this time we have to keep our right leg absolutely straight and we have to try as much as possible to stretch our toes.
- Now we will do exactly as we did before, we have to take a long breath, after that, we have to touch our nose with our knee, during this time the speed of breath should be moving normally.
- Now we will bend both our knees together, take the knees near the chest, then we will hold our knees with our hands and pull them towards our chest.
- Then we will take a long breath, and release, keep the head up, and move our nose between our two knees, the breath should be moving normally.
- Now leaving the breath out, you will keep the head down, remove the hands from your knees and keep them on the ground and make the legs straight.
Although, there are many benefits of Pawanmuktasana but keep in mind some important and special things for this asana.
- The first few days will practice about one week of pavanmukta asana with one feet, after about one week this asana can be practiced with both legs.
- Normally it can be practiced two to three times and the body can be kept steady for 30 to 60 seconds per once, this is a general instruction. You can decrease and increase this time limit according to your ability.
- Practice ‘Setubandh’ asana before pawanmukta asana, practice ‘Markatasana’ after pawanmukta asana, if you practice it in this sequence, you can get many times more benefits of Pawanmuktasana.
Benefits of Pawanmuktasana.
There are many benefits of Pawanmuktasana for our body. If you want to know abut all these benefits then you stay with us.
- Healthy internal organs:- With the practice of this asana, all the pressure falls on the stomach and on the internal organs, causing sensation in all the organs, due to which all our organs do their work naturally.
- Improves digestion:- If you cannot digest your food properly and if your digestion is not good, then you must do this posture daily.
- Burns extra body fat:- After all, there are lots of benefits of Pawanmuktasana for our body but if you have a high amount of fat in your stomach and waist and if you are an obese person then this posture can reduce your obesity.
- Strengthens our body parts:-By practising pawanmuktasana, we stretch our back, thighs, shoulders, waist and neck, due to which these body parts become more flexible and the muscles of these parts become stronger.
- Reliefs stomach:- We earlier told you many benefits of Pawanmuktasana and this is also one of them, that If you are going through all these problems, such as gastritis, constipation in the stomach, frequent pain in the stomach or gas, then this asana is very beneficial for all these problems.
- Increase blood circulation:- The practice of Pawanmuktasana increases the circulation of blood in our body and allows the flow of blood in every part of the body properly so that those parts of our body are able to function properly.
- Balances air:-If you are going through the problem of air disruption and if contaminated air has accumulated in your stomach, then by practising this asana you can correct these problems of your own.
So these are some benefits of Pawanmuktasana if you are going through any of these problems, then you must practice this posture.
Precautions for pawanmuktasana.
We told you how you can perform Pawanmuktasana and what are the benefits of Pawanmuktasana Now we will tell you some precautions and limitations regarding Pawanmuktasana which will make you easier to do this asana.
1. As a precaution, keep in mind that if you are a patient with high blood pressure, then you should not do this asana, because of this your heart problems can increase.
2. If you are suffering from ‘Cervical Spondylosis’, do not lift your neck in this posture, you should only use your feet to do Pawanmuktasana.
3. If you feel dizzy or headaches while doing this asana, still keep your neck the same below. You should not lift your neck up.
What is the right time to do Pawanmuktasana?
However there are many benefits of Pawanmuktasana but if you do this asana according to time, you can get more benefit from it.
You should try to practice Pawanamuktasana on empty stomach in the morning but if you are unable to get up in the morning.
So you can practice this asana in the evening, but you should take care of a special thing that you should always do this asana on an empty stomach because while doing this asana, there is a lot of pressure on our stomach.
Tips for Beginners.
- Initially, do this asana with one of your feet, when you practice this asana for a few days, after that you can use both your legs.
- In the beginning, many people make this mistake while doing this asana, that they are unable to touch their nose with their knees, but you have to try as much as you can to touch your nose with your knees.
Who should not do Pawanmuktasana?
We have told you the many benefits of Pawanmuktasana above, but if you are one of these people who is suffering from high blood pressure who has recently undergone some type of abdominal surgery or if you are a pregnant woman, do not practice Pawamuktasana in these conditions.