In This Article
Ardha Katichkrasana this asana especially works on our armpit chest and benefits in our chest related problems. So let us know how we can do this asana easily and also discuss Ardha Kati Chakrasana benefits for our body.
What is the meaning of Ardha Kati Chakrasana?
Ardha Kati Chakrasana:- It is a Sanskrit word which is made up of four words “Ardha” “Kati” “Chakra” “Asana”, Ardha means half, Kati means waist, Chakra means curved or round shape and Asana means posture. So this was the literal meaning of Ardha Kati Chkrasana, so let us now know how we can do this asana.
How to do Ardha Kati Chakrasana (steps)?
So here are the ways to do Ardha Katichkrasana, if you read all these carefully and follow them, then you will be able to do this asana easily, after that we will tell you about the benefits of Ardha Kati Chakrasana.
1. For the practice of this asana, we will stand in our place.
2. Keep the ankles together and keep your toes at a distance from each other.
3. You keep your chest wide enough and your shoulders comfortable or loose.
4. And you try to keep your neck and spine straight.
5. While practicing this asana, keep your fingers pointing down and keep a stillness on your face.
6. Then you raise your right hand upwards while inhaling and when the right arm starts touching the right ear, then you stretch your hand upwards.
7. After staying in this posture for some time, tilt your body to the left and keep your right hand upwards.
8. Then you have to do exactly the opposite, meaning you have to take your left hand upwards and when your left arm starts touching your ear, then you stretch your left hand upwards.
9. After staying in the posture for some time again, tilt your body to the right and stretch your left hand upwards.
- During the practice of this asana, you should keep your breathing rate normal.
- Bend your body as comfortably as you can, don’t bend it forcefully.
Amazing benefits of Ardha Kati Chakrasana?
We have told you how you can do this asana, let us know about Ardha Kati Chakrasana benefits.
1. With the practice of this asana, our spine becomes even more strong and flexible.
2. When we practice this asana, then our chest gets stretched and due to which our side becomes even stronger.
3. By the practice of Ardha Katichakrasana, the circulation of blood in many parts of our body increases, such as near the thoracic area, near the spinal bones, near the lungs.
4. By doing this asana regularly, the extra fat from our waist is reduced.
5. By the practice of this asana, the capacity of our lungs increases and our lungs can do their work properly.
6. Although Ardha Katichakrasana has many benefits, but its special benefit is that its practice cures back pain and waist pain.
7. Practicing this asana regularly can also cure the problem of your flat feet.
8. If we discuss the mental benefits of this, then through its practice there is an awakening of mental awareness, consciousness and sensation.
What are the precautions of Ardha Kati Chakrasana?
We have told you how you can do Ardha Katichkrasana easily and we have also discussed Ardha Kati Chakrasana benefits. Now it is also necessary for you to know what precautions you should take while doing this asana.
1. People who have any problem with their waist or backbone, should do this asana with a little care.
2. Pregnant women should practice this asana under the supervision of a doctor or if possible, they should abstain from this asana for a few days, instead, they can practice pranayama such as Chandra Bhedan Pranayama, Anulom Vilom Pranayama.
3. Do not practice this asana in problems like cervical spondylosis.
4. If you have any kind of problem in your shoulders or if you have more pain in your shoulders while doing this asana, then you should stop doing this asana.
How many time we should do Ardha Kati Chakrasana?
If you are a beginner and you want to practice this asana then you can do this asana two to three times normally and keep your body still for 30 to 40 seconds at a time.
What is the right time to practice Ardha Kati Chakrasana?
You should practice Ardha Katichkrasana in the morning only, not only practice this asana, you should practice any asana or pranayama only in the morning because our body is more energetic and active in the morning.