If you have come to know about Anulom vilom pranayam then you have come to the right place. We will tell the benefits of Anulom vilom pranayam in this article, and will also discuss the genuine ways to do this pranayam.
In This Article
What is the meaning of Anulom Vilom Pranayam?
Anulom vilom: – Anulom means from top to bottom, and vilom means exactly the opposite. Let us understand the literal meaning of Anulom – vilom in another way, in Hindi grammar, Anulom vilom consists of words like night – day, cold-hot, up – down thus reversing a word. And like its name, it is practised, breathing in from the left and exhaling from the other side, and inhaling from where the breath is released.
Genuine methods to do Anulom Vilom pranayam.
First we will tell you in detail how you can do this pranayam, then we will tell you the benefits of Anulom vilom pranayam.
- To practice it, sit in a comfortable posture such as Ardha padmasana, sukhasana, padmasana or any other.
- While doing this exercise, keep your back and your waist in a straight line.
- To do this exercise we will need our right hand, we will make Nasagra mudra of our right hand.
- In Nasagra mudra, the first two fingers are folded, and the remaining two fingers and thumbs are kept upright.
- Then you put your left hand in the Gyan mudra.
- And it is required to make all this Mudra to get all the benefits of Anulom vilom pranayam.
- After this, you will bring your right hand, the hand with which Nasagra mudra is made, by turning the elbow to the nasal pass.
- Then both of us will take a long breath before the nose, then we will leave our entire breath out of the body.
- After this, we will close our right nostril with the thumb, and fill the breath inside the body from the left.
- After full breath, the ring finger will close the left nostril with the finger, removing the thumb and release the breath from the right side.
- Now we will fill the breath from here, from where it is left.
- The thumb will close the right nostril, removing the ring finger and exhaling the breath from the left side.
- While practising this pranayama, especially keep in mind that we have to close our nostrils with its upper part, and you always close your nose with tenderness.
- While practicing Anulom vilom pranayam, keep your eyes closed, and keep your breath speed slightly lower than normal.
- However, there are many benefits of Anulom vilom pranayam but if you want to get the most out of this pranayam then you must definitely practice Bhastrika pranayam before doing Anulom vilom pranayam and then Kapalbhati after that.
- It can be practiced for 5-15 minutes. In general, gradually you can increase the time limit and practice.
Amazing benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayam.
So here are some benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayam read this carefully to get maximum advantage.
- Now if we discuss Anulom vilom pranayam and look at it physically, then its practice is considered best for increasing the amount of oxygen in the body.
- The practice of Anulom vilom pranayam increases the amount of oxygen in the body, which allows the blood to conduct properly throughout the body.
- In problems related to the lungs, such as Asthma, (TB), difficulty in breathing or breathlessness, this pranayama practise is very beneficial in these problems.
- High blood pressure, air disorders, cardiovascular diseases, sleep disturbances, brain diseases, if bile is increased in the body or air is imbalanced, its practice is especially beneficial in all these conditions.
- Now if we look at the benefits of Anulom vilom pranayam from a spiritual point of view, then its practice can connect the seeker with his consciousness with his inner being.
- Focusing on the breath can concentrate and go into the depths of meditation.
- Our energy starts moving from negative elements to positive elements, sattva quality starts predominating inside the body.
Although we told you many benefits of anulom vilom Pranayam and how to do it properly but take some special care while doing this Pranayam.
- While practicing, the back and neck remain straight as we sit in Ardh padmasana.
- Try to breathe through the nose and also exhale through the nose, do not open the mouth during practice.
- While filling and exhaling, do not fill the breath with forcefully or by applying energy.
Can Anulom vilom be done after eating?
If I tell you its answer in one word then Yes, you can practice this pranayama after eating food, but you try that you do Anulom Vilom Pranayama after one hour of eating, the main reason behind this is that the exercise doing this pranayama, our stomach is not used, we just have to breathe and exhale in our lungs.
How does Anulom vilom cure Asthma?
Although there are many benefits of Anulom Vilom pranayam that we told you about earlier, its main advantage is that it is a beneficial practice in serious problems like asthma. Before knowing how Anulom-Vilom cures Asthma, we need to know what is Asthma and its causes.
What is Asthma?
Asthma is a chronic condition in which our air pipes constrict and we have difficulty in breathing, as well as the muscles around our airways also become very tight, due to which we have difficulty in breathing.
Causes for Asthma.
1. Excessive pollution.
How does it cure Asthma?
In Anulom Vilom, we inhale a large amount of breath inside our body and release them outside the body, due to which our compressed air pipes start opening, and we do not have difficulty in breathing, along with this Anulom Vilom increase our lung capacity also, we can keep more amount of oxygen in our lungs, due to which oxygen can reach in our whole body properly, and this is the way how Anulom vilom cure Asthma.
Can pregnant woman do Anulom Vilom pranayam?
We told you almost everything related to this posture such as how to do it and what are the benefits of anulom vilom pranayama and also answered some questions related to it, but if you are a pregnant woman and you want to practice this pranayama So you can definitely practice Anulom vilom and with this, you can improve your health as well as your child’s health. By doing this pranayama, the amount of oxygen in your body increases, so that your foetus (baby) can get good oxygen.