In This Article
Kapalbhati is one such pranayama that almost everyone knows about, but they do not want to practice it.
There can be many reasons for this, but in today’s time, the main reason for this is that we give more importance to the gym today, due to which people consider yoga as inferior to the gym.
So today in this article we will discuss in detail a question related to this pranayama, and that question is whether doing Kapalbhati reduces the weight of our body or not.
But before knowing the answer, we will know what is Kapalbhati and gradually we will move towards the main question.
We will answer your question in detail in this one article so that no more questions arise in your mind related to “Kapalbhati for weight loss”.
What is Kapalbhati pranayama?
Kapalbhati is pranayama in which we inhale and exhale rapidly in and out of the body. If you want to know the literal meaning of Kapalbhati, then Kapal means brain and Bhati means knowledge and aura. It is especially practiced for cleaning the nasal passages and the brain.
How does Kaplbhati pranayama reduce body weight?
Although yoga is not a quick-acting scheme, if you practice yoga and want to benefit from it, you should practice it with great patience.
By the practice of this pranayama we can reduce the weight from many parts of our body then we will know one by one how we can control or reduce the weight of our whole body first we will know that how we can reduce the weight of our stomach and waist, how to reduce the extra fat accumulated in that part.
How does Kapalbhati Pranayama reduce belly fat?
If we only see how Kapalbhati reduces the fat accumulated in our abdomen and belly part.
So the main reason behind this is that when we practice Kapalbhati Pranayama, at that time we keep our stomach moving in and out very fast.
As a result, the muscles of our stomach start tightening, and by doing this daily, the fat of our abdomen and belly gradually starts reducing.
How does Kapalbhati Pranayama reduce overall body fat?
In Kapalbhati Pranayama, we do vigorous breathing exercises, as a result of which the toxins accumulated in the internal organs of our body are reduced.
If we practice this pranayama regularly, we can reduce toxins from our body by about 80%. Now you must be thinking that what is the relation of toxins to our weight.
So when we practice this pranayama, at that time all the internal organs of our body become active and clean and do their work well.
And our internal organs also include the liver, and the liver plays a very important role in reducing or increasing our weight.
Metabolism is the reason for many people’s weight gain, If our metabolic rate increases then we lose weight very fast and if it decreases then we become very fat.
So when we practice Kapalbhati regularly, our liver becomes healthy, and our metabolism is mostly controlled by the liver.
- So in this way the practice of Kapalbhati Pranayama reduces the weight of our body, it controls the weight of our body by making our internal organs healthy and if there is more fat near our abdomen and belly then it can also reduces by this Pranayama.
How to do Kapalbhati pranayama for weight loss?
Kapalbhati:- This is such pranayama that we should do it with great skill, if you do not do it properly then you may have to face its side effects too. So please read all the steps carefully.
1. For its practice, we will choose a comfortable posture or position such as Ardha Padmasana, Siddhasana or Padmasana.
2. After sitting in a comfortable posture, you can now place your hands on your knees or can also be kept in Gyan Mudra.
3. Now keep the back neck straight and keep the body stable, Then take a few long deep breaths and release it outside the body.
4. And now let’s start this exercise from here. In this practice, we only have to exhale our breath at a fast pace.
5. We only have to exhale our breath at a fast pace and pull our navel inwards, both these actions should be done simultaneously.
6. If in the beginning, you are not able to do both these actions together, then first you put your hand on your navel and only pull your navel inwards. After this, you just exhale your breath at a fast pace.
7. After a few days your body will be able to do both these activities simultaneously.
8. While doing this pranayama, you have to keep in mind one thing in particular that in this pranayama, you only have to exhale the breath rapidly.
9. You should not try to fill the breath inside your body, your body can automatically fill the breath inside the body according to its capacity.
- So this was the right technique to do this pranayama. If you want even more benefits of this pranayama, then before its practice, do the Bhastrika and after its practice, do Anulom Vilom Pranayama.