Trikonasana:- This is one of the yoga asanas in which physical strength, flexibility, tolerance and balance are required.
You can do Triangle pose in many different ways or if I say in simple language, there are many Trikonasana variations, but today in this article we will discuss 6 ways to do this posture, so let’s know in detail 6 ways to do this asana.
In This Article
First Trikonasana variation in detail?
This variation of Trikonasana is very common and easy, almost when we practice triangle pose, most of us practice this pose and this asana is considered to be the best asana for new practitioners in the category of triangle pose.
1. To practice this asana, you stand on a flat surface and keep your back and neck straight.
2. After standing straight, now you open your legs by keeping a distance of twice your shoulders between your legs and if you cannot open your legs that much, then in the beginning you can do this posture by keeping the distance equal to your shoulders.
3. While opening your feet outwards, you should keep one thing in particular that the toes of your feet should not be outwards, but on the side where your face is, your toes should be on that side.
4. Now take a long, deep breath and leave it out while inhaling, bend your body to the right, and, while raising your left hand from above, bend it to the right.
5. In this Trikonasana variation, always turn the opposite hand to the direction in which you are turning.
6. As easily as possible, bend your body to the right or left and do not try to bend the body down forcefully, this can increase the chances of injury to your armpit and side abdominal.
7. Now after staying in this posture for some time, you slowly bring your body back to the starting position (stand up straight in the same way).
8. Now, in the same way, turn your body to the left and tilt your right hand to the left.
So in this way you can practice the first Trikonasana variation. This is a common practice of Triangle pose If you are a new practitioner then you should do this exercise for a few days in the beginning.
Second Trikonasana variation?
We also know this Trikonasana variation by the name of Bikram Trikonasana, it becomes a bit difficult to do, but if you practice the previous triangle pose regularly, then you will not have any problem in doing this posture.
1. To do this exercise, you stand in your position and keep a distance of twice the shoulders between your legs.
2. Now take a long deep breath and release it out and now while inhaling bend your left knee.
3. The leg that you are turning, you bend it so much that a 90-degree angle is formed between our calves and thighs.
4. After bending the left knee, now touch the right hand with the toes of the left foot and bend your body as well to the left.
5. You should also lift your right hand and keep it straight so that your right and left hand should be in line with the viewer.
6. Now you stay in this posture with ease for some time, stay until you can stay easily, after that slowly move your right hand down and straighten your upper body and your left leg stand up straight.
7. Now you should do this exercise from the other side in the same way, if you are doing any asana from the left side, then you must do it from the right side as well, it maintains the balance of the body.
Third Tikonasana variation?
So this is the third exercise of Trikonasana variation, if you have more flexibility in your legs and your hands, then you can start this asana from the beginning.
1. To practice this triangle pose, you have to stand straight on your feet and keep them with a distance of twice your shoulders.
2. Whenever you open your feet, keep the toes of your feet in front not on the right or left.
3. Now take a long deep breath and leave it outside the body and now while filling the breath, tilt your body (torso) down.
4. After tilting your torso down, now you touch your right hand near the left leg, you keep the palm of your right hand on the ground and keep your left hand upright.
5. Keep both your hands in such a way that it looks like a straight line as you can see in the above picture.
6. Now you stay in this posture with ease for some time and after a while, you can lift your body (torso) while taking your right hand off the ground and filling your breath.
7. Now open your legs back and open as much as you did before.
8. And then bend your body in the same way, but this time instead of your right hand, keep your left hand near your right foot.
9. And now you keep your right hand straight up and this time also keeps your hands in the same way as if they are in a line.
10. And then after remaining in the posture for some time, you come back to the starting position, in this Trikonasana variation, you must practice it from both sides.
Fourth Trikonasana variation in detail?
This Trikonasana variation is also almost like the third one, the only difference is that in this we keep our hands in the middle of our feet, it is not too difficult to do this pose, the only condition is that your legs should have more flexibility and strength.
1. As we have just told you that this asana is almost like the third one, so the act of doing it is almost the same.
2. To practice Trikonasana with this, you stand straight and open your legs and keep them at a distance of about twice your shoulders.
3. Now tilt your body from the front to the bottom and place your right hand on the ground, you place your right hand at the place where there is the middle of your right and left foot.
4. Now raise your left arm and keep it straight and pull your left hand up as much as possible, this will stretch your chest, which will strengthen and flexibility in their muscles.
5. You place your hands in such a way that they look as if they are in the same line.
6. Stay in this posture for a while and after some time you can lift your body and come back to the same starting position.
7. Now you do this asana from the other side, which means you now practice this asana by keeping the left hand down and keep the right hand straight up so that the balance of the body is equal.
● And thus you can also practice the fourth Trikonasana variation easily.
Fifth Trikonasana variation?
For many people, the fifth method of Trikonasana variation may be a bit difficult because in this method many parts of our body need to be flexible, flexibility, strength, tolerance and balance are also needed.
1. To practice Triangle Pose in this way, first you stand straight and keep a distance of twice the shoulders between your legs.
2. When you open your feet, keep one thing in mind that you keep the toes of your feet in the same way as shown in the picture above.
3. Now take a long deep breath and release it outside the body and now while inhaling, tilt your body forward down.
* When you tilt the body, try to keep your torso towards the right or left direction.
4. When you turn your torso to the right or left, that you try to take one hand between your legs and try to hold it with your other hand.
5. And you try to hold your other hand from behind your back as shown in the picture above.
6. When you hold both your hands with each other, after that you keep your neck upwards and try to stretch your chest as much as possible.
7. Now you stay in this posture for some time like this, in the beginning, you may find it difficult to stay in it, but when you try this exercise regularly then you will be able to do it easily.
So in this way you can also do Trikonasana variation in a fifth way, this method can be a bit difficult for the new practitioners, so you should practice the asanas slowly, which means first you practice the first asana, then the second then the third then the fourth, and after that, you practice this pose so that you can do this exercise naturally and naturally.
Sixth Trikonasana variation in detail?
Now, in the end, we will discuss in detail the sixth method of Trikonasana variation, this asana is also known as Parivrtta Trikonasana, it becomes a little difficult to do this asana but it is not so difficult that it becomes big in front of your determination. If you want, you can also do this asana easily.
1. To practice this method, you stand straight and keep a distance of two times your shoulders between your legs.
2. Keep your toes in the same way as shown in the picture above.
3. Now tilt your torso forward slightly and after tilting, take your left hand near the sole of the right foot.
4. Although in this variation of Trikonasana, we have to keep our left hand close to the right foot as we can see in the picture above, if you are a new practitioner then you can only keep your hands near the soles of your right foot.
5. After taking your left hand near the soles of the right foot, now keep your right hand straight up.
6. Now you stay in this posture for some time and after a while keeping your right hand down and raising your left hand come back to normal position.
7. Similarly, we have to take our right hand near the soles of the left foot and keep our left hand upright so that the balance of the body remains the same.
8. As a piece of special information, you should remember that in this Trikonasana variation, you should try your best to keep your hands near the soles of your feet as the seeker has kept in the above picture.
- So in this way, you can practice Trikonasana variation naturally with ease, whenever you practice these variations, then you always start practicing with easy asanas and gradually increase the difficulty of your asanas according to your ability.