Ustrasana steps:- This asana has a lot of importance in yoga, not only our physical but also mental problems are solved by this asana, we do this asana on the strength of our feet or rather on our knees.
Although this asana has many benefits, whenever you practice this asana, you should also take care of some precautions and practice this asana so that you can get the maximum benefit of this asana without any damage.
So today we will discuss the steps of Ustrasana in detail in this article.
In This Article
Read before Ustrasana steps.
I request that whenever you start practicing Ustrasana or you want to practice this asana, before that you must keep these things in mind.
- If you do not practice yoga or exercise or you are practicing Ustrasana for the first time, then you must practice asanas like Bhujangasana Ardha Chakrasana a few weeks or a few days before the practice of this asana, this will increase flexibility in your chest and you will also be able to do this asana well.
- One thing in particular, keep in mind that you should practice this asana only on an empty stomach, do not practice this asana after eating food because there is a strain on our stomach, due to which there may be a problem in our digestion process.
What are the Ustrasana steps?
In the beginning, many seekers may find it difficult to do this asana, so read the steps of Ustrasana carefully.
We can do Ustrasana with four variations and in this article, we will know in detail all the variations.
Ustrasana steps with 1st variation:-
1. First of all we will stand on our knees to practice this asana.
2. After standing on our knees, we will keep the distance of our shoulders in them.
3. You can also keep the toes out of your feet or if you want, you can also practice by keeping your toes straight, meaning you can practice this asana by putting your feet out on the toes.
4. Now while inhaling, we will raise our right hand from above and place it on the heel of our right foot.
5. Now in the same way, while breathing again, will raise our left hand and place it on the heel of the left foot.
6. Now both of our hands are above the heels of both our feet, now while pushing your stomach forward, raise your body keeping all the weight of your body on your hands.
7. Now you stay in this posture for some time and let the speed of your breathing run normally.
8. After remaining in the posture for some time, now you bring your right hand back and bring your left hand back and come back to the starting position (stand on your knees).
Ustrasana steps with 2nd variation?
1. To practice it in another way, you should stand on your knees in the same way and keep the distance of your shoulders in them.
* In the previous method, we had taken one by one hand back and then practiced this asana, but in this method, we will take both the hands together and place them on the ankles of both our feet.
2. After standing on both knees, now while inhaling, raise both our hands together from above and place them on our ankles.
3. Now putting all the weight of our body on our hands, we will lift our body (stomach, chest and torso region) upwards.
4. And now like this, stay in the posture for some time and let the speed of your breathing run normally.
5. After some time, now while exhaling, raising both your hands from behind together, back to the starting position (we will stand on our knees).
Ustrasana steps with 3rd variation?
1. To practice it thirdly, you first sit in Vajrasana and after that, you stand on your knees.
2. After standing on both knees, now while filling your breath, take both your hands backwards.
3. Now this time you should not keep your hands on your ankles but keep them on the right and left sides as you can see in the picture above.
4. The third method should be practiced by only those people who know how to do both the above methods of Ustrasana well because its third method is a bit difficult.
5. Now stay in this posture for some time, now while breathing slowly, bring your hands and body forward and stand back on your knees and then sit in Vajrasana.
So this was the third variation of Ustrasana steps.
Ustrasana steps with the fourth variation?
If you feel difficulty or difficulty in doing Ustrasana with these three methods, then you can practice this method, this method is easier than the above three methods and it has almost the same benefits as those three.
1. To practice Ustrasana in this way, you should stand on your knees.
2. If you want, you can also keep a distance of three to four fingers between both knees or you can keep them together.
3. Now if you want, you can also keep your toes outward and for your convenience, you can also practice this asana by straightening your feet as shown in the above picture.
4. Now you can raise both your hands and place them on your buttocks and if you want, you can hold the wrist of the other hand with one hand and keep it on your buttock.
5. Now while inhaling, slowly tilt your body backwards, and with your hand’s press on your lower back, make it upwards.
6. While taking the body back, you should keep all the weight of your body on the toes of your feet, this will make it easier for you to balance.
7. And now you stay in this posture for some time and after a while, you can come back to the starting position by bringing your body forward.
So in this way you can also do Ustrasana steps with the fourth variation, which is especially practiced by practitioners, in this, there is less strain on our stomachs and due to less pressure on our feet, we can do this for a long time. You can easily pause, you can also count this in the preparation poses of Ustrasana.
● So these were the Ustrasana steps, so in this way, you can practice this asana in four ways and if you read and follow all the steps mentioned above carefully then you will undoubtedly be able to get the maximum benefit of that asana.
Ustrasana steps keynote:-
- You can practice Ustrasana normally for two to four times and you can keep your body stable for 15 seconds to 40 seconds at each time.
- If you want, you can increase or decrease this time limit according to your ability and ability, this completely depends on you.
- After the Ustrasana steps, you sit in Vajrasana for some time.