In This Article
Vyaghrasana:- This asana is specially done to enhance our physical abilities. The practice of this asana mainly affects our back, arms and thighs, so let’s know the meaning of Vyghrasana, how it can be done naturally, what precautions should be taken while doing this and the Vyghrasana benefits.
What is the meaning of Vyaghrasana?
Vyagrasana:- Knowing the meaning of this asana, you will feel fearlessness and courage. “Vyaghra” and “Asana” are both Sanskrit words. According to Sanskrit, Vyaghra means Tiger and asana means posture. In this posture, our body shape becomes like a tiger, that’s why we also call it Tiger pose, so this was the literal meaning of Vyaghrasana, now let us know how we can do this asana easily.
How to do Vyaghrasana (tiger pose)?
People do Vyaghrasana in many ways and it is also done in many ways, then you should read the methods given below carefully so that you can do this asana easily and get more Vyaghrasana benefits.
1. To do Vyghrasana, we will stand on a flat spot with our knees bent.
2. Will take both hands forward and lift the buttocks above the ankles.
3. Keep the distance between both the legs equal to the shoulders.
4. Now while breathing from here, we will lift the right leg above the ground and pull it backwards.
5. After taking your feet back, bend your knees upwards and try to stretch your toes completely.
6. Keeping your neck up, you keep your breathing rate normal.
7. And now exhaling the breath, bring the knee forward and while bending your head down, touch the knee with the nose.
8. In the beginning, you may not be able to touch your knees with your nose, but you have to practice this asana regularly and if you can touch your knees with your nose, you should keep in mind that your toes don’t touch the ground.
9. And again while inhaling, we will pull our same leg backwards and bend the knees upwards and in the same way stretch the toes of our feet.
10. And then we’ll bring our knees forward and touch our nose while turning our heads down. And then one cycle is complete like this.
11. We have to do this asana with our left foot also, we have to practice this asana using both feet, if you have done it with the right foot first, then you have to do the same round with the left foot.
- While doing this asana, keep your breathing rate normal and if you want to hold your breath or you are able to hold then you can also hold your breath.
- Vyaghrasana will be practiced with both legs from three times to five times.
- Do the practice of Vajrasana immediately before or after Vyaghrasana.
What are the Vyaghrasana benefits (Tiger pose)?
If you have learned that how we can do this asana easily, then it is also important for you to know that what kind of benefits we get from the practice of this asana and which of our physical problems can be solved so that you can understand whether this asana is for you or not.
1. Reliefs in sciatica:- While doing this asana, there is a movement in our back muscles, as a result of which the circulation of blood in our back muscles increases and due to which our back becomes healthy and serious problems like sciatica are also relieved.
2. Strengthens hand muscles:- Now because our hands are also used while doing Vyghraasana, all the weight of our body is on hands and knees, due to this the muscles of our hands and shoulders get strengthened.
3. Positive effects on digestion:- By doing this asana regularly, our digestive system also improves and we can digest food easily.
4. Benefits in cervical spondylosis:- with Vyaghrasana, we can get rid of problems like cervical spondylosis and can cure any problem related to the back.
5. Effects on thigh muscles:- Our legs have an important role in this asana, while doing this, we raise our legs upwards and then try to touch it with the nose, due to which a strain arises on our thighs, which strengthens the muscles of our thighs and increase tolerance.
Precautions for Vyaghrasana (tiger pose)?
So these were the Vyaghrasana benefits, now let us know what precautions we should take while doing this asana.
1. Although there are many people of Vyaghrasana, if you have any kind of injury in your knees or your knees are undergoing any kind of treatment or pain arises in your knees, then in these situations you should not practice Vyagrasana because of this. Your knee problems may get worse.
2. If you are a pregnant woman, then even in this situation you should not practice this asana at all. If you still want to practice something then you can practice Anulom Vilom Pranayama.
3. As you can see in the above pictures that in this posture the maximum weight of our body is on our knees and on our hands, then if your bones of your hands are weak or you have any kind of injury in your hands then in this situation don’t practice Vyaghrasana.